Tuesday, February 19, 2008

$295 Baby Gums


Tory Burch CEO Brigitte Klein gave birth to a healthy baby boy, Luca Alexander last week and accordingly, my office has sent him the practical, useful gift of hand engraved, sterling silver, $295 rattle from Tiffany & Co.. The salesman emphasized how it was actually beneficial for babies to teethe on sterling silver (although Wikipedia has not confirmed this for me so I do not know if I believe him) and that this particular rattle is a classic and timeless gift. Last time I checked, classic for baby gifts meant things the baby could actually use, and timeless I understand, but who needs a 90 year old rattle? Well, I guess baby Luca could start to reuse the rattle in old age... what a revelation! Either way, my idea for a diaper cake just seems much more practical, let me know if you agree.

No comments: