Sunday, February 24, 2008

Glen Hansard Performance on the Oscars (And I Know Him!)


Glen Hansard, frontsinger for Irish band The Frames performed tonight on the 80th Academy Awards for his nominated song "Falling Slowly" from Once. The song and short film COULD WIN and that would mean that I, ladies and gentlemen, sort of know slash touched the hand of an Oscar winner. Let me clear this up a little:

At the Bonnaroo Music Festival in 2005, I scored a lucky music journalist gig and met the singer backstage in the press tents. The discussion brought up by a Rolling Stone reporter was about concert security and when I asked whether security guards in front of the stage messed up the ambiance of stage diving, Glen answered, told me he loved the question and high-fived me after the conference. He was really a genuine, kind guy, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

1 comment:

mklittle said...

I love your blog, when i go home tonight im going to read it all. I am so jealous of your life!!!